Re: TR4 Need your help again!

To: "Keith McGahan" <keithmcgahan@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Need your help again!
From: "jason" <scottw@megsinet.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 22:21:47 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith McGahan <keithmcgahan@hotmail.com>
To: triumphs@autox.team.net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: Friday, July 31, 1998 10:30 AM
Subject: TR4 Need your help again!

>keith: is it spark or gas problem? you replaced quite a few ignition parts
at once. what do the plugs look like after trying to start the car? gas &
oil covered may mean no spark. dry may mean no gas.

if the plugs are saturated with gas, it seems to me (i seldom reply to the
list because the regulars are, in my opinion, much better mechanics then i
am now) that you are getteing no spark. is your point gap set right?

i did some ignition system work and found somehow a gas problem arose out of
"nowhere." it was not until i looked at a plug that i knew i had wasted
hours focusing on the ignition. once i corrected the gas problem the car ran
better than i had hoped.

there is a good overview of the basic mechanics of point ingition systems on
the vtr homepage. just a thought. hope it helps.

jason weisler

67 tr4a

ps. thank all of you (again) who responded to my oil pressure problem about
nine months ago. i have been an avid reader of the list ever since.