Re: Question

To: keithmcgahan@hotmail.com, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Question
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 19:54:47 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-07 11:33:45 EDT, keithmcgahan@hotmail.com writes:

> I have replace the entire distributor, the cap/wires, coil, plugs ect.
>  and it still take me about 20min to get my TR4 running in the
>  morning.The car was recently tuned and runs great, the carbs will need
>  to be rebuild in the next year,I live in seattle so humidity is not a
>  problem. Would an electronic Ignition solve this problem.

Keith,

If your stock ignition system is in good working order, the best you can hope
for is a moderate improvement in starting from switching to an electronic
ignition system. If it is taking 20 minutes to start your car, either your
ignition system is NOT up to par, or you have another, mechanical or carb,
problem.

If you are sure your ignition system is ok (and just because you have all new
components is no guarantee - they come from the factory defective far too
often), then you will need to find and fix the problem before spending your
money on an electronic ignition.

If your ignition system is not ok, an up-grade to an electronic system can be
a good move, as opposed to repairing the old one.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74