Re: simple question

To: joe johnson <joe.johnson@fmr.com>
Subject: Re: simple question
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@tibco.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 07:48:39 -0500
Cc: british cars <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>, Spitfires <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Joe,

My handbook for my 1977 Spitfire 1500 (page 32) shows the following:

35 Amp fuse (position 1)

Windscreen wiper, Fuel indication, Temperature indication, Stop lamp,
Reverse lamp, Turn signal, Seat belt warning

10 Amp fuse (position 2)

Front parking lamp, Front marker lamp, Rear marker lamp, Tail lamp,
Plate illumination lamp, Instrument illumination

35 Amp fuse (position 3)

Headlamp flasher, Key warning, Courtesy light, Horn, Hazard warning

So, it looks like you are correct. All of the items you list are
protected by the first fuse. It appears the electronic Tachometer was
added to that circuit when it was switched from mechanical to
electrical.

Hope this helps...

Victor Michael

P.S. I've included the 'spitfires' and 'triumphs' mailing lists as well.
In case you didn't know they existed. The members are a great bunch of
people with a lot of knowledge.

--
Regards,

Vic

Victor Michael                 |       vmichael@tibco.com
Systems Engineer               |     Voice (312) 214-2327
TIBCO Finance Technology Inc.  |     Pager (800) 759-8888
CTS, Chicago                   |             Pin# 1583904
'77 Spitfire (fm62959u) http://www.enteract.com/~vmichael