Re: Third time, emissions

To: Toad@nlights.net
Subject: Re: Third time, emissions
From: Patrick Barber <sailnbail@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 18:51:34 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Toad@nlights.net wrote:

> >If you over lean the mixture, your unburned hydrocarbons will actually go up.
> >You only mention CO in your post, so maybe your state doesn't measure them.
>
> My hydrocarbon levels were low. Almost non existant under load and
> measuring 126 at idle. The limit is 600. Is it possible that my leaning
> the carb another turn will raise the hydrocarbon levels too high?
>
> Thanks for the help everyone!
>
> Will
> Who is about to take a PO box somewhere where emissions aren't
> required...
Will, I think you will know when the HC levels get too high. The HC
levels will go up when the engine starts to miss and the raw fuel enters
the exhaust system.

My suggestion is to find a shop wiht a CO test meter and adjust the
mixture by reading the CO levels.  I think this is what the service
manual suggests.

--
Patrick Barber
74 Spitfire 1500 (FM14774U)