Rust Protection

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rust Protection
From: Luiching@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 21:36:58 EDT
Need some advice from you listers who have done restorations. the restoration
of my 72 tr6 is coming along.  I have a nice body and frame.
Frame has most of the orginal black paint and the underbody shows alot of  the
orginal style red primer with a light coat of dirt. Front fenders are off and
exposed inner areas show light dirt some hard undercoating in spots and touch
of surface rust where water has dripped from  the drain hose.   My question is
how far do you go to clean and protect these areas?  What has worked  well for
rustproofing .  would really like to hear all of your comments. At a cross
road  with this project and need some input.

Thanks mark Luichinger  Still in a basket tr6