Re: Clutch trouble (disappearing clutch fluid); longish

To: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@tibco.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch trouble (disappearing clutch fluid); longish
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 13:31:04 -0700
Cc: Spitfires <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Victor,

Check under the carpet on the LH (driver) side. You may find the missing
fluid there. If so, you have a leaky clutch master cylinder. Probably
not the slave cyl, I think you'd find the fluid on the ground.

If your car runs, it's unlikely you mixed up the hydraulic and fuel
hoses.

As an alternative, I saw on the X-files that there are some aliens who
drink the stuff. Look for telltale claw marks on your hood.

Let me know what you find out!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 #CT17602