Re: SUs & Carbs

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <CarlSereda@aol.com>
Subject: Re: SUs & Carbs
From: "DON BOYD, JOAN IKOMA" <dbji@whidbey.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 21:28:34 -0700
Carl;
        Sorry to take so long for your reply. I was out of town.
        I usally use ATF. Thicker oil wil richen the mixture momentarily so if
you
have a lean hesitation , use whatever works , I can't imagine using
anything thicker than 30 or 40 wt though. If you get to 30 wt and it still
has a lean hesitation, go to a richer needle. Usally I modify my existing
needles by chucking them up in the lathe an sanding down the offending area
with 400 grit sandpaper,  .0005 at a time.

> From: CarlSereda@aol.com
> To: dbji@whidbey.net
> Subject: SUs & Carbs
> Date: Friday, July 24, 1998 11:15 PM
>
> I think I will start with the butterfly shafts ; both the Volvo SUs and
TR4