TR7 Carburetor problems

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR7 Carburetor problems
From: JoEllisTR3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 20:08:07 EDT
I received the following request for help from Wally Watson. If you can help,
please e-mail him directly at: wallybud@juno.com.

Many thanks,
Joanna Ellis
JoEllisTR3@aol.com
'62 TR3B TCF36L
-----------------
Wally Watson states:
My wife Pat and I have a 1975 TR7 that we have been
working on in the garage.  Lots of fun, ha, ha. Everything we have done
on this thing, we have done not once but three times.  Therefore we are
going to call this car 3TYMS.

We are still having a problem trying to start it.  We have to spray gas
in the intake of the front carb, (dual Zenith Stromberg) .  Also
something is draining the battery when the key is off.  Runs fine after
it is started but still have to spray gas after running for a long time
and it has been turned off.  I think we have the books that you have,
plus maybe some others.  Motor Head, Special Interest, Haynes Automotive
Repair Manual, Haynes Weber Carburetor Manual, Repair Operation Manual
(for TR7)Lucas (Fault Diagnosis Service Manual) TRIUMPH TR7 HANDBOOK.