Re:TR6 Intake manifold

To: Blind.Copy.Receiver@compuserve.com
Subject: Re:TR6 Intake manifold
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 13:22:32 -0400
Steve Rohal writes:

>Listers;
>Thanks for the replies. Sorry to say I made a mistake in stating the
>exhaust manifold, when actually it's the INTAKE manifold I'm concerned
>about (thus the statement about the SU's). Any comments about how to make
>the 74' intake compatible with a 70' engine?    Pardon my ignorance.
>TIA again!
>
>Steve Rohal
>74' TR6  CF 23026 UO

Steve,

According to Len Renkenberger (who has LOTs of TR6 experience)
says the only incompatibility between early and late TR6's is
the intake ports have been moved.  Probably to make room for the
EGR port.  Take your manifold gasket and hold it up to the head and
the intake manifold and see if the ports line up.  If you have an
early head and an late manifold the gasket won't line up with one
or the other.

Len says everything else is compatible.  That has been my experience.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO

71 TR6
74 TR6