Hudson

To: TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hudson
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 16:11:27 -0400
Hi Folks:

I've been back for about a week and it has taken me this long to find
enough time to address
the group.  We, too, had a great time at the VTR convention.  The weather
was perfect, blah blah blah,
the hotels were fine,  blah blah blah, everything went smoothly, blah blah
blah.  I'm sure its all been
said already.

It's also great to finally meet the folks that we seem to know so well yet
we are not quite sure
how to pronounce their names.  It adds a whole new dimension to the
relationship.  (Excuse me
if I get soapy here)  Among others there was Dan Masters (Sans TR6 V8) Bob
Lang (world's worst
Lobster actor ;-) ) Susan Hensley, Jim Gambony, Bob Kramer and a host of
others from "The Republic
of Texas",and the Maple Leaf crowd from Winterpeg (how thoses wet backs
swam the river with their
cars on their backs is beyond me but we're talking Canada here.  Where the
men are Men!)  And
the infamous Andy Lindberg.  (Anybody who gets the Minnesota Club
Newsletter knows what I'm
talking about.)

Speaking of Andy's, I also met El Presidente, Andy Mace with his killer
Triumph (bicycle, that is) who's
killer autocross run was so exhilarating that it left him breathless.  Now
THAT"S an adrenalin rush!

If I left anybody out, please don't be offended.  My brain (or what ever I
have that passes as a brain) is
half baked from being out in the sun all week in that perfect weather.  It
is also wonderful to see old
friends whom I never see except at these events.

And now for my hard luck story.  There is none!  The car made the trip
without a hitch.  1680 miles,
65 gallons (246 liters) (54.6 Gal - imperial) of gasoline and 1 quart of
oil.  All in all the week only
cost me about $4000 (US).  Here's a break down.  (All values are in US
currency)

Hotels                  $400
Convention registration $230
Gasoline                        $ 80
Food                    $200
Tolls                   $   0.65
Car parts                       $ 90
TR8 (Project car)               $3,000

Oh well, it's only money.  It costs more to go to Europe for a week.

Long range pans:
1999    Portland Maine
2000    Portland OR
2001    Houston (?)