Re: SU Needles and things

To: "Gernot Vonhoegen" <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>, <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: SU Needles and things
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 22:08:48 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
To: Triumphs@autox.team.net <Triumphs@autox.team.net>; 'David Hill'
<David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: 30 June 1998 12:28

>Dave, one thing to check before you throw all the pi stuff out.
>Take out all injectorsand check they actually sit tight in their tubes. I
>had four out of six where the rubber o ring was squashed. Result: petrol
>pouring by.

Thanks, Gernot,

The injectors were replaced at 37,000 miles and the car has now done 45,000.
I've had the units out and there is some dribbling but this appears to be at
the tips; the inner sections seem tight in their tubes.

Someone on the list-I forget who-was going to describe how to strip the
injectors but the description never came through.

The bottom line is that I haven't the equipment to check the metering and I
haven't the cash to rebuild the entire system at the moment. On the other
hand, I do have a set of SUs in good condition and I know how to tune
them:-)

The car is doing 23 mpg as an absolute best at the moment. Given that I
drive the car very sedately, something is clearly amiss.

Thanks for the message,