SU Needles and things

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: SU Needles and things
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 20:51:03 +0100
Hello, People,

I still have a thirsty PI and am seriously considering using the SUs from my
2.5S donor to give me a decent mixture until I can afford to overhaul the PI
system. I'm worried about the rich mixture washing the oil off the bores and
accelerating engine wear.

I've cleaned the carbs up today and they are in fair condition so........

1. Which needles are correct for the PI cam?

2. Does anyone know the BSP thread sizes at the boot and engine bay ends of
the fuel line, i.e. on the pressure regulator and on the metering unit? I
want to make up adaptors to attach fuel lines so I can revert to PI at a
later date.

3. Will the fuel filter in the boot upset a competition-spec. MGB electric
fuel pump or can I leave it in circuit.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Hill, UK,

'72 2.5PI with drink problem.