Lucas Ignition AMP Wiring

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lucas Ignition AMP Wiring
From: "Roger Berggren" <e_red@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 16:24:56 PDT
Hey everyone,
     I had posted a question a few weeks back and had come to the
conclusion that the ignition AMP wires for the Lucas Module needed to be
placed with the White to the Negative side of the coil and the
White/Black to the Hot lead on the Solenoid.  This was just a guess, but
it turned out to be a Poor one.  Seems the White/black wire needs to go
to the Positive side of the coil.   This is CRUCIAL that it is not set
to the Hot lead on the solenoid if it is you can join me in my upgrade
to a crane amp as I have Guessed Wrong.
    Nobody on this list or otherwise had given me wrong information I
really welcome all of your comments and suggestions, I blame myself for
this one.
    Now for the Good news

IT'S ALIVE!!!
    After months of tramping mud, paint remover, and grease into the
kitchen, The old girl started.  The motor spend a cold winter in the
tool shed, but now runs like a Bushel of hot Bran muffins.  I am days
away from having the time to criticizing the paint and body work done in
the sub-zero South Dakota climate.  If you have ever tried to Spread
Bondo with 4 layers of mittens in January, or tested to see if your
tongue would stick to the bare metal of a freshly cleaned Differential
you understand my excitement.  Lemon or not This Victory is SWEET...

Roger Berggren
Sioux Falls, SD