Re: Ford I.D. (Non LBC)

To: David Hill <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Ford I.D. (Non LBC)
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 20:41:44 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
David Hill wrote:

> Just as a matter of interest, can anyone in the US put a name
> to a Ford I've seen in many movies?

> Perhaps the best known movie it has been in is 'Robocop', in
> which it was the police car.

The car which you mention is the Ford Taurus.   It was the
best-selling vehicle in the United States for a number of
years in the early nineties, and is largely responsible for
the turnaround of Ford in the late eighties.  In my opinion,
the Taurus is an excellent car, although not as much fun as
a Triumph...

The scene in Robocop where it is featured chasing the bad
guys is one of my favorite automotive "bloopers."  If you
have the video, and are quick, you will notice that the
car's windshield is shot out during the chase.  However,
in one of the later glimpses of the car in the same scene,
the windshield is magically again intact!  I noticed this
when I watched the movie in theatres ages ago, and had to
wait until the movie come out on video until any of my
friends or family would believe it...

--ken
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org
'70 & '74 TR6 Daily Drivers
4-time Ford Taurus owner ('86, '88, '90, '96)
(over 360K miles total so far, w/2 still going...)

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |