re:master cylinder woes

To: "triumph.mail" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re:master cylinder woes
From: "Adrian Tedder" <teddera@MNSi.Net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 19:58:43 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
   Dennis

     Where abouts was the brake master cylinder leak?  IMHO the most
vulnerable part of the rebuild process is reattaching the plastic reservoir
to the cast body.  You need to be very careful of the positioning of the 'o'
ring and need to make sure it does not move as you put the pieces together.
I needed to redo this part of my own rebuild effort.   If the bore is clean
it is rebuildable, if not I would presume the big three can supply the
original type master cylinder. Not sure about the clutch master as this is
one of the few things on my car that I have not had to fix, yet....

Adrian
73 TR6