59 TR3 parts question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 59 TR3 parts question
From: "Coday Family" <coday@localaccess.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 20:54:51 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Coday@Mail.localaccess.com>
Joined this list this last week, really enjoying the posts and superb
information.

Have a TR 3, TS 52320 L, titled as a 1960, but I think built in 59.
Bought/rescued from a driveway in WA state where it was collecting
rainwater.  PO had taken it apart, painted a poor baby blue over the
original signal red, then grown too old to put it back together.
Family friend of the PO inherited/bought it and moved it from a
garage to the driveway where it could be rinsed thoroughly.

Luckily for me, the two PO's had put most of the loose parts in
cardboard boxes which decompose pretty completely in the rains of the
NW.  So I have lots of parts encased in a substance like paper mache.
If I had the time to paint the globs/boxes, they might make nice
pinatas with obscure prizes inside for TR fanciers.

Anyway, have had the car in my garage for over a year now.  Have the
floorboards in sound shape, carpet in, most of the panels back in
place and almost ready to put the reupholstered seats back in place.
Have found I am short the metal cap that goes on top of the passenger
door, also missing the tubular gasket that fits on top of that.  I
think I can get most of the parts I need, but am striking out on the
metal piece for the top of the door at the present time.  I suppose I
can manufacture one, but would rather buy if anyone has a spare?

This is my second TR.  Drove a 66 or 67 Spit Mk II during my college
years earlier this century.  It was a wonderful little auto, had the
twin SU carbs (I think they were SU's?)  Lots of power, wonderful
handling, braking.  Drove it for several thousand miles before
crawling underneath and finding that it's PO had clipped and closed
off the brake lines to the rear.  It braked even better when all four
stoppers were in service.

Love the TR's and the Healey's, but have not owned a Healey to date.
Have a dream of owning a 3000.  Right now, though am pretty enamored
of this 3.  This post getting a little long winded, will stop.  I
expect to have lots of questions trying to get the TR3 running,
appreciate the help available here.

Mike Coday