Re: Girling Fluid

To: e_red@hotmail.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Girling Fluid
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 23:17:01 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-27 16:43:21 EDT, e_red@hotmail.com writes:

> On the top of the Clutch master Cylinder cap it says to use only Gastrol
>  Girling Fluid.  This is a 79 Spitfire and I am not really sure if there
>  is a Subsitute for girling fluid...  I used manual tansmission fluid for
>  the Tranmission, would that work for the Clutch Master cylinder as well?

NO!  Use Castrol Girling (or in a dire emergency DOT4 brake fluid).  Same goes
for the brake system.

Transmission fluid is used for lubrication of the transmission; the clutch and
brake fluids are used to transfer pedal pressure to the working part(s) of the
system(s).  Different principle - hence different types of fluids. Cheers.

Art Kelly