Re: carb to injection conversion TR6

To: TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: carb to injection conversion TR6
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 12:37:51 -0400
Gernot  writes:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Original Message >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Folks,
I am sure this subject has been beaten to death, but I either have slept
deeply or didn't pay attention. But today I took the oportunity to
purchase a (more less complete?) injection system for 70 ukp. Thus I
need some advice.
my car is a 74 left hooker with 175 strombergs, all emmission stuff
removed, tubular exhaust manifold.
It consists of three manifolds (of course) including injectors, lines,
dizzy and metering unit and airbox.

Now, question, a) what else do I need apart form a high pressure pump.
                        petrol tank? blanking plug for mechanical pump?
                        different throttle linkage?
b) what do I need to check the system for while it is out? I checked the
throttle linkage for wear but there is no play whatsoever. Can I take
the injectors apart and clean them or whatsoever and if so how, same
applies to the metering unit.

c) I suspect that it is a 130 bhp system coming from a saloon or estate,
anything I need to change and how do I see if its this, may be part
number for the inlet manifolds?

Thanks, Gernot

Gernot,

You will want to pop off the head and have it shaved down.  Your
car has about 7.75:1 compression ratio.  The PI is designed to
work with a CR of closer to 9:1.  You'll get more power, too.

Beyond that, I know nothing about PI.  Good luck

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO