Re: USS Gaydon NCC1704

To: "Peter Gillis" <pgillis@cosmedia.ie>
Subject: Re: USS Gaydon NCC1704
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 20:10:20 +0100
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
> Jonmac
>  I will direct this one at you
> Was the heritage centre designed to look like the
> saucer section of the enterprise on purpose?
> You might have a photo you could put on the list
> to show the listers what I mean.
>
> Cheers
> Peter Gillis
> 69 2000 Mk1
> 63 TR4

Taking things back to front, I don't presently have a piccy for everyone's
delectation - so that rather defeats the object of your request.
There's a 'climate of opinion' among some of us that the whole place should
have been turned through 180 degrees when it was built so that the main
entrance actually found itself at the front instead of the back.
Thinking about that aspect, if it had been built the right way round, it
wouldn't have been a fitting place to house LBC's - most of which are
happily leaking oil into their BMIHT drip pans!
That said, if it had been done that way, it would have meant moving the
Rover Experimental test track - or have it running through the middle of
the museum. This could have had its advantages - as everyone would have
been able to cast a vote as to whether the project car really was
worthwhile as a future classic or not. Might also have served as a timely
warning to wayward parents to keep their pesky kids under control.
On a more serious note, it was apparantly designed by a car nut architect
in the Art Deco style (one of my colleagues in all seriousness regularly
refers to it as "Arch Decor" on public commentary). Seemingly, many
architects have professionally hailed it as a masterpiece - but I wouldn't
know about that. There's certainly one h******a noise from the roof when it
rains hard and if it could be piped, I'm sure BMIHT could do much to save
the drought problem in third world countries owing to the size of the rook
catchment area.
All I can say with utter conviction, is that the toilets are a positive
delight to use - and have regularly been awarded "Loo of the Year"
Certificates by the British Tourist Board, so if you come to visit -
"go."!! In that regard, BMIHT facilities are certainly in the Warp Factor
One range and Scottie is continually beaming people in and out of them, and
they usually emerge much comforted and with cries of delight and
satisfaction. Apart from that, the Klingons don't visit very often.

John Mac

http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
This is THE BOOK in which even MORE "Life At Triumph" stories appear
And a MASSIVE CHUNK of entirely NEW material
The book is looking for Sales Agents globally
Become one and earn yourself (or your CLUB) some useful incremental funds!
ORDER LINE STAYS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30, 1998
The book will NOT be available from shops - only from the Author and Agents

http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/plates
Give your Triumph "The Coventry Look"