Re: re Rocker Arm Feed Kit

To: "Trevor Jordan" <tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au>
Subject: Re: re Rocker Arm Feed Kit
From: "Chris Leah" <crl@intekom.co.za>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:39:19 +0200charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Trevor,
I have had my rocker feed kit in now for 2 years and only modified the hole
size about a month ago. I understood that the main aim of the feed kit was
to deliver oil to them on starting as the normal oil flow took some time to
reach the rockers. The continued supply of oil to the rockers while the
engine is running is not a problem as far as I can see, only the volume of
oil may cause a problem as in my case with leakage past the push rod tubes.
I had a think about your comments on the oil pressure, but it looks to me on
an external examination of my engine that the oil pressure measurement is
made essentially at the junction point where the oil is fed via the normal
route as well as the rocker feed kit, and hence wouldn't necessarily change.
However, at the end of the day, I guess this is largely academic. My aim was
to ensure that the engine doesn't suffer terminal failure in its advanced
years (currently +/- 110k miles), and any help in this direction will
hopefully extend its life.
Best regards
Chris Leah