Re: TR-3 Body panel availability??

To: Bryce Mack <bmack@direct.ca>
Subject: Re: TR-3 Body panel availability??
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 08:26:58 -0400
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Although many of these panel are availiable as reproductions, the
quality varies.
If you can get a parts car, you may be better off.

The front inner fenders are only availiable as whole assemblies. I made
up new
mounts myself. The area where the sill attaches is the bulkhead
assembly, your
best bet here is to just cut it off and weld in a new shee of metal.

The doglegs behind the door are availiable, but fitting is a real chore.

I don't know about the spare tire cover, but I imagine you could find a
used one somewhere
if nobody makes new. If you actually mean the rear of the car around the
spare tire cover,
you can buy those, but you're better off shaping and welding in small
patches.

The trunk (boot) L section is not availiable at all. I made these myself
as well.

--
George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L