RE: gear oil

Subject: RE: gear oil
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:57:58 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> OK, the grease nipples from the wheel grease points fit just
> fine.  In fact
> the manual says to take out the steering rack plug, fit a
> grease nipple that
> you took off the front suspension, grease the rack and then
> replace the nipple
> on the suspension and the plug on the rack.

Another useful tidbit on this topic is that the hole for the grease nipple
is the same thread as the male end of most grease gun hoses (if you remove
the press fit tip). I think it is 1/8"NPT. So instead of a grease nipple,
just remove the plug, thread in your grease gun hose, give it the 4 or 5 (or
whatever) strokes, remove hose, replace plug, done.

Can't recall who first posted this gem on the list a while ago. That's where
I got it and it sure does work on my TR6.

Peter Zaborski
CF58310 UO
Calgary Canada