Land Sharks

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Land Sharks
From: Charles N Horton <carolus@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 14:17:30 EDT
>>killed Audi USA?
>>
>>We now are required to depress the brake pedal before moving the automatic
>>shift lever from Park.
>>I have a recall notice on my 86 Jeep Cherokee to have this installed, but I
>>probably won't reply...
>>
>>Standard shifts must have the clutch depressed (at least at some timeframe
>>this was an interlock) and/or the shifter in neutral.
>>
>>Clark
>
>What happened with the Audi? I've not heard about it.

People got mixed up about which pedal was the acceleratior (pardon the
typoes pls!) and which was the break. Someone pointed out awhile back
that Ford Crown Vics, where the pedals are far apart, have more of
those incidents than Honda Civics, where they're close together.
I believe this falls under "steering wheel attendant malfunction" --

Charles.