Re: On the Road Again!

To: Bill Kelly <kelly@dss.com>
Subject: Re: On the Road Again!
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 10:27:29 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Bill Kelly wrote:

> After 20 months, my '62 Herald, GA41328LCV is street legal, and On the
> Road Again. I just passed NJDMV inspection (at a gas station, for the
> information of my NJ brethren).

Congratulations, Bill!

> I started my TR250
> (it wanted to be run for awhile anyway!) and hooked up a pair of jumper
> cables between the two Triumphs. Vroooom!

To my way of thinking, this is why everyone should have at least two
Triumphs! Of course, anyone who has seen my barn knows that my way of
thinking approaches "disease" status! ;-)

> Thanks to all for the help you've provided over the past 20 months. The
> knowledge flowing into my inbox every day has been indispensable in
> getting this far. Special thanks to Bill Birney, Andy Mace, Tony Cotton,
> Dave Eaton, Leon Guyot. Please if I forgot somebody, flame me publicly!

Now THAT'S a dangerous bunch if I ever saw one! But it's always nice to
see decades of pack-ratting and trivia collecting the mind pays off for
others as well as one's self.

I hope to see your car this coming Saturday, Bill. Too bad "Joseph" isn't
anywhere near as far along in the restoration process (year 21 and
counting). Perhaps we'll have a match race once both cars are on the
road. 1147cc and "Gobs of torque" through a 4.11 diff, v. 948cc and very
little torque but through a 4.875 diff...man, it's like Garlits v.
Prudhomme all over again, eh? :-)

--Andy