Damper oil redux

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Damper oil redux
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 17:48:09 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
At risk of rekindling the oldest discussion on the list, I recently posted a
query regarding changing the o-ring in the ZS piston.  Thanks all for the
comments and directions.  One off-lister asked me what I use for oil and I
said "oil".  He said don't use oil, oil eventually dissolves rubber and
that's why your replacing it. He said to use ATF. Its about the same
viscosity as light weight oil and won't dissolve the rubber. (He also
pointed out that on SU's there's no o-ring so it doesn't matter) Comments?

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK