Re: Subject: TR4A Spin on adapter from TRF

To: Alan Crane <acrane@crosslink.net>, "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Subject: TR4A Spin on adapter from TRF
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 14:11:03 -0400
Message text written by Alan Crane

I don't have any hard information on your question, but one possibility
that occurs to me is the pressure at which the bypass relief valve (or even
whether there is one) might differ.  that would not be apparent from the
outside.  You might contact the companies, they probably can supply specs.

Alan
<

Alan, you are right.  I just saw in a paper on the VTR web that
the difference between the 3600 and the 2865 is that the 3600
has a pressure relief valve (9-12lb).  That is nice if you have
viscous oil when it is cold, but you would never know if the filter
is plugged with muck (of course that never happens to US!).
-Tony