Re: Announcements & problems

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Announcements & problems
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 12:14:04 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joe Curry wrote:

> But Fred,
> For how long do they have to give you satisfaction?  Store policy may
> differ from store to store, but the legal responsibility is stated in
> the product's stated warrenty.
>
> Joe Curry
>
> fred thomas wrote:
> >
> > Malcolm Walker wrote:

> > > Craftsman HAND tools have a "forever" warranty.  Most power tools have a 2
> > > year warranty (extendable to those who wish to pay).  Power tools out of
> > > the bargain bin have a 1 year warranty.
> > >
> > > At least, that's how it works at our local Sears.
> > >
> > > -Malcolm
> > Sears trademark is "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back", makes no
> > difference if its a power tool or a rug, tire or TV, you are the sole
> > judge of "Satisfaction", Sears Permanent Bulletin # 069 =the bulletin
> > also states = "no one (inc. store mgr.) has the right to deny
> > satisfaction to the customer".
>
> --
> "If you can't excel with talent, triumph with effort."
>
>  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer
Joe, just as the bulletin states "Satisfaction" and only you, there is
absolutley no time limit and there is only one sears world wide and the
same policy applies to all stores, they may tell you NO, but just hold
your ground and say "I'm not satisfied. I refunded a man the full amount
for snow tire chains because they were worn out from the intersate being
clear but the side streets were not and the chains were 10 years old,
true story.