TR3B gas tank

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3B gas tank
From: Lftlesl@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:03:07 EDT
Dear List-
Thanks to you who helped with my sending unit. The cork gasket was indeed the
culprit, and it popped off with a little help from a screwdriver. The gas tank
is mostly solid, but it has a line of bad rust along the bottom, where the
felt strip apparently stayed pretty wet. There are a few rust pinholes along
this strip. I am thinking of plugging them with the gas tank repair stuff at
Autozone, and then laying a strip of fiberglass over it to stiffen the bottom
of the tank. What do you think?
TIA,
Les Landon
Baton Rouge LA