TR6 3rd/4th overdrive question

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 3rd/4th overdrive question
From: "bill" <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 23:48:44 -0400
An interesting discussion regarding the scraping  in cars shifting from 3rd
to 4th with the overdrive engaged, and the same when downshifting.

My car has always done this ever since I got in 1977.  It was always when I
forgot to take it out of overdrive that the scrapes occurred.  I always
felt in both cases, upshifting and downshifting, that I was beating the
syncros.  Which was a natural occurrence because of it being overdriven.

Bill Wood
1973 TR6
1979 TR8 Coupe
1980 TR8 Coupe