RE: tr6 gearbox/overdrive

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: tr6 gearbox/overdrive
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 16:56:13 -0600

Oh yeah, one other thing...

I have an O/D indicator in my car which is in place of the useless EGR
warning light that 76 (and maybe 75) TR6s had. It is wired to the solenoid
so that whenever the solenoid gets power, the light comes on. Beats
listening for that faint click (unless the solenoid is not working in which
case the light is kind of a liar - but the solenoids on the J-types are
pretty reliable it seems, as long as I know what the light really tells me).

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada