Fender Fastener update

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fender Fastener update
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 16:19:12 -0700 (PDT)

I rooted around at the local one-size-fits-all hardware store (for
Victoria Listers, Capital Iron...)

I found 1/4 by 1" lag bolts that will do.  $0.09 each.  Also got
quick-nuts for $0.60 apiece (most expensive bit of hardware)

Capital Iron also sells 1/4 NF x 1" stainless bolts.   Guess what's going
to hold on my fenders!! ($0.30 ea)

So I was able to garner up most of my fender hardware for just over $10.
Beats the $13 american Moss wants, and the $26 (cdn!) Obsolete wanted.
It's not concours, and it may require a bit of hacksawing to get all the
lags to fit, but I don't care.  Time is of the excess right now.

However they don't sell sheet metal.  Darn.  So for now I'm stuck buying
it from Can Tire, or swiping it off the scrap yard.  Any Victoria listers
know where I can get new sheet metal?  20 or 22 ga would be great...

-Malcolm