RE: Changing U joints/Drive Shaft on 1976 TR6

To: "'Monte DeCarlo'" <mdecarlo@us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: Changing U joints/Drive Shaft on 1976 TR6
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 12:16:20 -0600
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Not really... In lieu of removing the exhaust you can:
1. Remove the diff (this can be done without pulling the exhaust - I did it
last summer - although replacement of the diff with the exhaust in place
would be quite a challenge - I pulled the exhaust prior to replacing the
diff)
2. Remove the gearbox. This is the most involved of the three.

Not sure from your post but I suspect you are trying minimize the
"removing". In which case the exhaust is the easiest of the three parts
above to remove. I used plenty of Mopar Heat Riser solvent (Chrysler dealer
item) to free the pipes under the gearbox. It took a few days (of
intermittent spraying and light knocking) but it finally gave way. If your
exhaust system is stainless, the task should be much simpler.

Good luck,

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada