Re: Wide TR RIMS???

To: Jeff Slaton <66austin@mursuky.campus.mci.net>
Subject: Re: Wide TR RIMS???
From: Len Drake <drake@direct.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 11:09:53 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Jeff - we have a small restoration shop in Kelowna, B.C. Canada,
and brought home three TR4's this past winter from California from
three different sellers.  Two of them had wheels like you describe
widened to about 5 1/2 or 6" - the third had flares and the wheels
       were widened to 7 1/2"!

I think that this must have been fairly common - it appears to me
that they used the center section from a TR wheel with a different
outer.  The ones I mention first give the car an agressive stance
and IMHO improve the appearance of the car.

Cheers,

Len Drake