3-point seat belt

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 3-point seat belt
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 21:03:14 -0700 (PDT)

Now that the welding is finally started (and bondo is going on!) it comes
time for me to start pondering about what sorts of things I'm going to
have to do in order to drive the TR4.

The car came with 3-point Kangol seat belts.  They did not use the factory
mount points.  The third point (top) was bolted straight through the roll
bar.

I would like to put in "American" style seat-belts (the kind with a big
orange button), and in doing so switch the upper mount to the other side
so I don't have 2 straps in the way of the rear-view mirror.

Can anyone offer me tips & pointers here?  I intend to install static
belts.  I also have TR6 seats (with a high back) so this may alter stuff.
How effective is the TR6 seat belt system?   Is is static or recoil?

thanks,
-Malcolm
'62 TR4 (getting steeled)