Re: TR3a mystery fuse mystery solved

To: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3a mystery fuse mystery solved
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 21:09:46 EDT
In a message dated 98-05-31 14:57:13 EDT, JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-
om1.om.hp.com writes:

> "A 25 amp. line fuse housed in a container is situated behind the
>       centre instrument panel on U.S.A. vehicles. This fuse protects the
>       side, tail, and panel lamps. When replacing a fuse, it is important to
>       use the correct replacement; the fusing value is marked on a coloured
>       paper slip inside the tube."
>
>       I went and looked inside the container for the coloured paper slip,
>       but mine had a non-coloured paper tube, and there was no fusing value
>       marked on it. Obviously it should be 25 amps though.

Jim,

Whatever you do, don't go to your local auto parts store and buy the standard
25 amp fuse for this application -- the wiring is not up to it.  If you use a
25 amp, make sure it is the "correct" Lucas 25 amp fuse.

If you do use a standard fuse (my choice), I recommend nothing larger than 10
amps, but 5 amps will probably be more than adequate.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74