75th at Gaydon

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 75th at Gaydon
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 20:06:22 +0100
Well, its over.

Whatever the final number of processed pre-registrations were as of  Friday
- the number of Triumphs which arrived at Gaydon must have been comfortably
exceeded. Won't know the final totals until Tuesday and I'll report again.

This was the first really BIG event that I've seen there and it completely
eclipsed the Land Rover 50th held a month or so back. Two of my colleagues
who have been at the Centre since it opened five years ago said in their
opinion it was certainly the largest Marque gathering they had experienced.
The day was further enhanced by the arrival and departure from lunchtime
onwards of a major Classic Car Rally of ALL makes who were using Gaydon as
the final time control before reaching their destination at the Silverstone
Grand Prix Circuit. Whatever might have been your preference on the
'classic' front - the Rally bought it through the gates by the truckload.

A sunny and warm English day, sadly marred just after 5.0pm, when a
departing Triumph 2000 or was it a 2.5PI had a violent front end collision
outside the main gate injuring the passenger.

John Macartney