Re: Dashpot filler?

To: "Vic Whitmore" <vicwhit@idirect.com>
Subject: Re: Dashpot filler?
From: "Chris Prugh" <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 05:53:28 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Spitfire List" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Vic,

    This "dashpot"....are you referring to the Vacuum bellows housing thing?
I guess that's called a dashpot.  Sounds to me like you are looking at your
decomposed rubber bellows, not a good sign.  You can get the bellows
replaced, although the cost is almost that of a brand new Mallory dual point
distributor.  Sorry...I don't have the name of the outfit that renews the
bellows, but I'm sure someone on the list will have it.

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar
Morgan Hill, CA
Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club
Publicity Director
prubrew@ix.netcom.com
TTSCC is the host Club for Triumphest 1999