Re: Spitfire/GT-6 posi wanted

To: Rikrock <Rikrock@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire/GT-6 posi wanted
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 06:29:20 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Quafie makes a superb one, good only for ratios of 3:63 and (numerically)
higher, so if you have a 3:27 ratio your out of luck.  Got one in my
Spitfire.  You can contact them directly and order direct from them.
That's the way I did it.  They are a little pricey at around $700 (about a
year ago), but I know of no other manufacturer of posi-types for the small
chassis Triumph diffs.  By the way, these are the torque sensing (torsen)
type.  They work great, and are beautifully made, and probably will handle
considerably more torque than the standard diff carrier will.  If you need
the address/phone let me know and I'll see if I can dig it up.  You will
still have to set yours up as these are just the carriers (the item that
supports the ring and spider gears), not the entire diff-

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire