BCW and more

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: BCW and more
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 11:43:16 -0400
The week was pretty uneventful here in central NY. The weather was
stunning, but I saw virtually none of the cars that I know are out there.
Saw a couple in a Spit that very nearly broke their arms waving, a fellow
in a tatty 'B on Sunday. Visited Bill King (of this list) and helped him
clean up his garage (thanks for the parts, Bill) and saw his Spit/6. A
sleeper.

My TR6 has been running a bit rough lately and I've been fretting about it.
What I did was what has always worked; replace the cap and rotor. Bingo!
Smooth as silk. I also tightened up the play in the steering column and
installed the spacers for the side of the bonnet, which went a long way to
making the car more solid over bumps. I drove about 100 miles on Sunday
(gorgeous day, top down) to an antique car show in Norwich, NY. Only one
Triumph, a TR3A.

I think I'm going to pass on the VTR convention in Wisconsin. I'm not
nearly rich enough to spend  a week's worth of motel bills and still feed
my family back at home. Alternate plans: TRF Summer Party and British
Invasion.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (21 year owner)

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.