RE:parking brake stuck TR4a

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE:parking brake stuck TR4a
From: "maineac" <maineac@gateway.net>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 08:33:44 -0400
>From: DShoop7572 <DShoop7572@aol.com>
>Subject: parking brake stuck TR4a
>

>     This is probably a pretty basic question but I pulled the brake
handle
>up, it clicked on way up but  now won't release. I don't have much room in
the
>garage to get under the car. What will need to be done to release it?
>
>                                                               Not a mechanic

While I don't have a TR4, I do have a TR3, and the hand brake is called a
"fly off" brake in the owners manual.  I, too, struggled with the release
procedure when I first set the brake on mine.  The secret is that the
button on the handle is there only to set the brake, not release it.  To
release the brake, just pull up (thumb off of the button!!) and then let
go.  I know it's counter-intuitive, but it's sooo British.

Tom Walling