Re: TR6 for $15,500

To: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Subject: Re: TR6 for $15,500
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 02:09:31 -0400
Cc: PDelage <PDelage@aol.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Allen Nugent wrote:
> I think it's too much to pay, by US standards. It would have to be
> absolutely flawless (ie. concours condition)

  Just to clarify "concours condition" for a person who may
be new to the field.

   Concours condition cars look like they've never been turned
on, and CERTAINLY never seen asphalt. All slot head screws are
installed so the slots line up. All parts, decals, and trim are
painted using colour codes that somebody spent a year researching
and two years fighting about. And of course, if the car was
flipped upside down the bottom is still clean enough to perform
surgery on.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/