Re: No Subject

To: PDelage@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: No Subject
From: Bristol7 <Bristol7@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 00:06:07 EDT
In a message dated 98-05-21 23:42:39 EDT, PDelage@aol.com writes:

<< I just found a french blue '76 and hopefully I can go see it this saturday.

 I'm not much of a mechanic but it won't stop me. I know that the '76's are
 prone to rust.
 Any clues as what to look for and where?

 The asking price is $15,500 low milage and garaged.

 Take your time and look around! First stop is to go to the Vintage Triumph
 Register's website at:    www.vtr.org    You can study the ads there for
 general pricing info, and I believe they have a section on purchasing and
 maintaining TR6's. You might also check to see if there is Triumph club in
 your area and contact them. They generally will have folks interested in
helping
 you learn about the vehicles and you might even find a TR6 you are looking
for
 from a  club member. I have come to believe that many club member's cars
 are usually in better shape than the average street car. $15K is too much to
pay for
 TR6 in excellent shape. Lastly join VTR and a club after you get your TR.

 Before closing, remember that Wedges (TR7 &TR8's) are far superior
 cars than those TR6's and other old junk.

 Good Luck and Have Fun!

 Kirk Yonker
 81 TR8 DHC Fi