Back on the road for British car week

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Back on the road for British car week
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 10:01:04
Ahhh, finally back on the road.

I want to thank the many listers for the advice and parts that were shared
with me during my recent emergency re-ringing job.  I brought it up to
temperature and retorqued the head last Friday night, put the valve gear
back in Saturday morning in time to get to a local high school benefit car
show.

Background: All the top rings piston compression rings were broken at some
point in the cars life.  One bottom ring finally let go and my TR3 became
an underpowered smoke generator.

Again, thanks to Joseph Alexander, Henry Frye, Stu Bollen, Irv Korey, Fred
Thomas, Bruce Clough, Harry Ward, Justin Wagner, Barry Schwartz and anyone
I may have accidentally omitted for their valuable advice in helping insure
I made a durable repair, but keeping this from becoming a full fledged
shipwrights infected project.  Winter will bring a new engine to this car.

This was yet automotive job, successfully completed, which I never would
have undertaken by myself.  Nothing beats having 800+ cyber-buddies
available when I run into problems.

The list is the best.  Thanks again Mark Bradakis and Autox.team.net,
without whom I would be a poor man; having parted ways with my cash at some
LBC mechanic's shop.

Jack & TS69032L