TR6 - broken steering arm (tie-rod lever) bolt

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 - broken steering arm (tie-rod lever) bolt
From: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 22:53:26 -0600
Looks as if that's the end of BCW for me.  One of the bolts holding the
steering arm to the vertical link has broken where the distance piece meets
the vertical link.  Do I have to remove the entire hub assembly, disc etc.
to be able to get to the bolt?  It looks in the books as if the same bolt
secures the brake caliper mounting plate, which in turn bolts through the
vertical link to the steering arm.  Can anyone tell me if this is right?
Any special tricks or advice in pulling this apart?
Thanks in advance,
Rod.  '70  TR6  CC55899L