Re: spitfire questions

To: "Tom O'Malley" <tomomalley@hey.net>
Subject: Re: spitfire questions
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 19:41:19 -0700
Cc: Brad.Kahler@141.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Tom, Brad etal.

Make no mistakes.  The stress fractures commonly found along the bonnet
latches are not from any sort of vibration.  They are caused by using
the bonnet latches as handles to raise and lower the bonnet.  The
correct method of lifting the bonnet is by the wheel openings and after
the middle of the bonnet clears the cowel, by that point.

This is a common malady found not only on Spits but also on Heralds
because they share the same sort of bonnet latch mechanism.

So, if you use the latch as a handle, stop immediately.  If you don't,
then don't start and certainly don't let anybody else.

In an effort to "Keep the Spitfires Flying"

Regards,
Joe Curry

--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer