Re: Air Scoop

To: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Subject: Re: Air Scoop
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 11:21:45 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 10:32 20/05/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Unfortunately, I don't think an air scoop will help you.  When you are
>standing still in heavy traffic and it's 90 degrees F, (32 degrees C to
>you)  and the damn radiator is starting to boil, the air scoop won't be
>scooping much air.

Sumner,

I think air scoops are only useful on engines with extreme horsepower at the
higher rpms, in which case they are in a fast air stream when the most heat
is being produced. Other than that, there are the non-functional styling
items designed to impress young bozos into buying almost-muscle cars.

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia