Leading Link Reinforcement

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Leading Link Reinforcement
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 23:34:37 +0100
Greetings, All,

I've heard horror stories about the breakage of the leading links-those
which go from the front chassis rail to the front track arm-on the saloons.

Reinforced links are available on an exchange basis but since I have a spare
pair on the scrap 'S', I thought I'd reinforce them myself.

Can anyone describe this modification in terms of material thickness,
whether the welding is seam or stitch, etc. I assume it's a matter of
closing off the fourth side of the box section but am unclear on what should
be done at the thread end.

Thanks in advance, Dave Hill.