Spitfire questions:

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire questions:
From: Michael Thomas <mathomas@engmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 17:47:12 -0400
Good day! I am recently resubscribed to the list with a couple of
questions...

Firstly, I am thinking of constructing a set of tools for balancing dual
carburetors.  There are two parts that I have seen -- one to synchronize
the throttle as it opens, and the other to measure airflow at idle.  The
first looked pretty simple, with a piece of aluminum and a wire stuck in
each damper to compare the rate of opening, but the second looked like a
venturi with a flow meter.  Anyone have any suggestions as to the
construction of the venturi (ie. air flow rates, etc)?

Secondly, I am thinking that I would like to put some 14" wheels on my
Spitfire. Does anyone know a good (cheap) source for rims that will fit
on the Spitfire with the same bolt pattern (ie. MGB?)?  Has anyone tried
larger wheels and encountered any problems, such as contact with the
firewall or wheel wells?  Is there a max. size of tire that will fit?

Thanks alot!

Michael Thomas
1975 Spitfire 1500
Cambridge, Ontario