TR6 Brake Servo (power booster); Rebuild or Rebuilt?

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Brake Servo (power booster); Rebuild or Rebuilt?
From: "The Garrisons" <garrison@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 03:28:44 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"

So the diaphragm in my brake booster finally ruptured last week.  (I say
finally because I think it's the only thing left that I haven't replaced or
rebuilt over the past 14 years.)

I can buy a rebuild kit for $25 or a rebuilt unit for $250.

I seem to recall some recommendations from I believe the Roadster Factory
against doing it yourself.  Don't recall if the rebuild required funky tools
or if people just hadn't had good luck rebuilding their own.

Has anyone had any experience rebuilding these units?

Thanks,

- Gene