Re: TR6 overdrive.

To: fogbros@nb.net, james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk
Subject: Re: TR6 overdrive.
From: John Duhart <duhart@symbol.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 15:26:24 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, duhart@symbol.com
Hey James, and All,

 Ah, James brings up a very good point, the leak rate.  If the leak rate is
low, the pressure will biuld up quickly, I think?!  Also I wonder if using 90wt
gear oil helps with keeping the leak rate low and/or building pressure?  As I
said when I first posted this, I have a self taught knowledge of the OD, so I
did expect people to be able to shoot this one down.

 Thanks for all the replies.

Later,
JHD IV

>>> James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk> 05/19 3:24 AM >>>

The pressure should build up almost instantly, because you should have
nothing to compress.  There for you'll get 400 psi almost instantly.
All the pump needs to do is to supply enough oil to fill the pistons in
the o/d.  You also need to supply enough to compensate for the leak
rate.
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot